View Single Post
Old 09-29-18, 12:28 PM
Timmi

Bikes: Turconi, made by Vanni Losa, and a roster of ever-changing other bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie View Post
I'd be looking towards Belgium in this case. Belgian builders not only used Ishiwata tubing and other Japanese frame parts (it's no coincidence that Shimano chose the Flandria team for their European launch in the seventies), but they produced fairly large quantities of decent to high quality frames as well.
The problem with identifying these is that many, if not most, were produced as "blank frames" for customers to brand with their own decals and serial numbers.
Many Belgian and Dutch bike shops used these frames for their house brands. Check out this thread for some nice examples (and perhaps a head badge match).
The shape of the head badge doesn't ring any bells with me. But just so you know: the biggest importer of Belgian frames in Holland was also the Campagnolo distributor, and apparently a good salesman. So it could have come from pretty much any LBS that sold racing bikes. And there were many of those ...
I'd like to see more pictures of this bike.
Thank you for that lead.
It is very possible that it came from that region, because that is where it was imported from.
I would really like to give it a paint job that in all probability reflects it's (probable) builder, and give this to my daughter, who's outgrowing her smaller fixie.

As you suggested, I've posted under that other thread too.
And included an outline I made of what appears to be the original outline (the top part is unclear though - not much to trace there, so it's partly a best-guess).