Old 09-29-18, 04:12 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Ah, I finally skipped through that video, which I hadn't noticed before. So the OP is trying to develop some interactive coaching software and is maybe trying to get some reactions here. Mission accomplished I guess. I don't know. Interactive coaching software is hard. I know that because I've only seen one useful example and they went belly up, probably from trying to follow the perturbations of Windows software development. A Windows project is never done. I do laud all attempts at doing so, because it could be useful. The software I use was developed with the assistance and input of Ed Burke PhD, rest his soul. It's very good, no tech explanations, just translation of desire into performance. The last iteration was published in 2005, so I'm sure it could be improved upon now. The fancy stuff in the video is unnecessary. Just prescribe the workout like any coach would do, using LTHR or FTP based zones. The software I use retests to check zones every month. Of course one uploads one's rides and the software then generates a series of graphical reports showing anything you want graphed against anything you want. Now it would have to include the Performance Manager from TP or an analogue.

The developer must know more about how to prescribe periodized training that the user. Obviously, if they don't, it's crap.