Old 10-01-18, 02:53 PM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by JayNYC
Manhattan is one of those places where (in the long run) you can live for free if time your real estate purchases right (by getting everything you spent on mortgage, etc. back in appreciation when you sell). Plus, my husband's (tenured) job is in downtown Brooklyn, so there are only so many places that are even possible. And Manhattan is actually pretty incredible for cycling. I'm close to Central Park, not far from the GW Bridge (for good road cycling and some gravel), and it's not hard to get up to Westchester County for some great trails (paved and gravel). And when I do want to get out of the City, I'm just a few blocks from a MetroNorth station. About the only thing I'm missing is miles and miles of gravel farm roads like I just rode last week in Michigan.
It's funny how different people can be. All the things people say they love about NYC, the easy access to downtown, the big buildings, the tons of people, the ability to do things 24/7.....are all the things I hate about NYC and what makes me happy to live far away from a city.

I'm not dissing you for liking NYC. I just think its' funny how massively different 2 human beings can be, yet we still find common ground on how fun gravel farm roads are to bike on.

It's kinda cool.
Likes For Skipjacks: