Old 10-06-18, 06:51 PM
Taipei Tony

Bikes: Tern Verge Duo(PINK!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Citizen Rome - Cheap 16" Belt Drive, Anyone?

Hi all, been out of the folding bike game for several years. I'm now back living in the US and looking to buy a modest folder. Was thinking about getting a Strida since I like the quick/simple fold and the belt drive. Did a Google search for "belt drive folding bike" and came across this bike from Citizen, ROME Citizen Bike 16" 1-speed Ultra-Light Folding Bike with Belt Drive.

16" wheels, belt drive, only 20lbs, and only $359. I tried to do some research but besides their own product page and this article which seems like a paid ad, https://www.digitaltrends.com/outdoo...e-citizen-bike, I literally could not find any other mention of it. Not a single mention of it on here either. This seems like a pretty amazing package so I was kinda surprised by the lack of reviews and information.

My only concern is the folding hinge, all the other Citizen bikes seem to have that cheap thread type hinge where you need to screw and tighten the bolt. I had a cheap folder before with this exact type of hinge and it was unbearable. But the Rome seems to have a straight latch hinge without the need for screwing and tightening.

So does anyone have any knowledge, info, or experience with this bike?