View Single Post
Old 10-07-18, 08:56 PM
scotton
noodly appendage

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
I've had dog encounters on every ride for the last 8 rides. It's getting really old. Sometimes it's a dog getting away from its owner. Sometimes it's a dogging jumping a fence. Sometimes it's a pack of ferals out in the country.

There are two houses that let their big dogs roam free in the yard. Both houses are at the top of a hill, so out-running the dogs is not an option. So every time I pass those houses, I have to stop and get off the bike when the dogs run out into the street and yell at the dogs until they go away. So now I'm going to have to go back to carrying dog spray because these idiots won't look out for their dogs. I'm also going to video the repeat offenders and put the video up on the local nextdoor website, maybe I can shame the owners into doing the right thing.

I really don't want to have to hurt or kill someone's dog, I've got two snoring under my feet right this second. But I refuse to stop riding on these crappy roads that I'm paying for just because some lazy redneck won't spend $200 on a dog run.