Old 10-08-18, 09:08 AM
stoutblock

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
1982 Trek 950 and 1978 514

Hi guys (and gals?),

I am an old biker (61) and a rider/collector of vintage Trek bikes for many years. Unfortunately, for the last several of years I have had an increasing problem with vertigo and can do very little riding. I have sold all my "rider" bikes locally but have a couple of wall hangers that I have kept. One is an original (except tires) 1978 514 that I bought brand new (my first Trek), rode for 2 years in college and then hung it on the wall. It has hardly been ridden since but always kept oiled and polished up. It looks near new. The other is a dream bike I built from an 1982 NOS 950 frame I found years ago. It is quite the show piece and only been ridden for about an hour and then hung on the wall. It is so very pretty! Anyway, my wife and I are retiring and downsizing and these are on the list to remove from our possession. I have the 950 on the bay right now for what is probably a very healthy price but it is probably what it would take for me to part with it. Is this price possible in member's opinion? The 514 will be even harder to part with due to sentimental reasons, but I would be more reasonable on it's price and wondering what the market price as it is near new. Sorry, but I can't post pictures yet because I am new to this site.