Old 10-11-18, 06:31 AM
seamuis
aire díthrub

Bikes: Raleigh Competition, Pashley Roadster Sovereign, Cielo Sportif Classic, Mercian Vincitore Speciale

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by rjmcgovern View Post
One thought to consider is the relative difficulty of changing a flat with a larger tire. I was running 28C's tires on my Wabi Lightening, and learned that the tire had to be partially deflated to slide between the brake calipers. This isn't a problem if you're in the comfy environment of your home bike shop where you can release the brake cable, but a different matter if you're doing a roadside flat repair on a cold night. Changing the rear tire on a fixie is complex enough, leading me to drop back to a 25C's.
LOL. If you get a flat, it is by definition already deflated. So this scenario would never happen. Did you really not think about this at all? Also, there are plenty of brakes that open wide enough for a 28 or even a 32 to pass through. Makes no difference to me what size tires you run mate, but you clearly didn’t use your head with this. And there’s nothing complex about changing a fixed or ss rear tire. If you think it is, then you need more practice. Now, changing a rear tire on an IGH 3 speed on a frame with fenders and a chaincase, is complex.