Old 10-11-18, 07:59 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
On my way home last night the river was up over its banks closing off a few parts of the MUP and forcing me to take alternative routes. One involved carrying my bike up a steep hill and over the shoulder of a railroad trestle, as the alternative was to backtrack a couple of miles and ride some really busy streets.

This morning, the good news was it was the first day this week it wasn't raining. The bad news is it was sleeting. The headwind was really fierce and the temp was right at 32F. A little chilly, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe I'm getting my winter skin on early this season.

The flood waters had receded a bit so a couple spots that were impassable last night were ok this morning. There was one area where I rode through some shallow water because I really didn't want to backtrack and re-fight the headwind I had just made some progress against.