Old 10-14-18, 08:44 AM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1328 Post(s)
Liked 2,444 Times in 1,429 Posts
I love and play Chopin. I play the Military Polonaise and I have dabbled with the Heroic. The Military is totally playable versus the Heroic which is technically much more difficult but has a very cool part in the center that features very fast octaves played with the left hand on three notes for several bars while the right hand plays the melody providing the illusion that this could only be done by two pianists. And it features many strummed cords spanned by 10 to 12 white keys played with each hand which are hard to execute accurately. All that makes the Heroic a master work and technically challenging.

If you like Chopin and want to play it, I also suggest the Nocture in A flat major which is in sharp contrast to the Polonaises. It is total romance and your sig other will love it. Here is Lola and Hauser playing it as a piano cello duet. If you hate the piece you can check out Lola. She is Russian and has played for you know who at the Whitehouse.

And there there is the Chopin Waltz. Going back to old white guys, here is vintage film of Rubinstein playing my fav Chopin Waltz Op 64 No 2. Rubinstein is a master of the rubato or varying the speed of the piece to create a dreamy illusion.