Thread: Palm pressure
View Single Post
Old 10-16-18, 01:12 PM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '68 Schwinn Orange Krate, and More!!

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1127 Post(s)
Liked 158 Times in 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Butthash View Post
I have some uncomfortable positions on my upper back, and sometimes hands, even in risers right now, and I'm pretty sure I'm soon going to get a new fork with some spacers(I need a new fork for my new front tyre anyways) or one of those, but I'm not sure, because I don't realky like how those things look with the extra, unnecessary part, but it's not a fashion show so I may as well when I have a bit o cash.
When buying my frame, I did pay attention to the geometry written on the site, but for my leg positions, I needed the seat higher.
Because most people don't like the way the extender looks, I posted it mostly in jest. But then again if it makes riding comfortable for you, then yes, 'fashion' be damned.

I have long legs/ short upper body, and have learned to size my frames per the leg, avoiding the situation you are in now. Stems can always be swapped to adjust the reach. I have one bike now that looks like yours that I will end up selling since I can't ride it for long.