Old 10-16-18, 02:11 PM
sirkaos

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix Expert, Surley Karate Monkey 29er hard tail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Appreciate the quick reply!

This is probably where common sense might kick in, kinda like when you go to flip the 50 amp circuit breaker on the spa before you replace the 115v recirculating pump.

Regular cleaning in your book, might mean once a month. Fine, do as you like, I really don't care. Why you are so interested in why and how often I clean my bike, meh....

While we have good weather in my area, on average I do about 120 -140 miles a week on my Spesh Roubaix road bike. I am riding less on the MUP trails which are generally smooth and cleaner. I am riding more on the pot hole filled county maintained roads where there is more climbing and descending involved. Because I do a quick wipe down cleaning of the bike after a ride, I have caught, slightly loose spokes I can tension up, minor dragging disc calipers that needed a minor adjustment, garage sale sign staples stuck in my tires, on and on. Because I chose to take the time to wipe down the bike and check things, it is a way to catch things before they break. Its called "preventative maintenance". This works for me and many others in BF.

Relax, breathe, try decaf, and maybe realize that just because someone out there does something different than you, its OK.!
Cheers and safe riding!!