Old 10-17-18, 07:02 PM
kunsunoke 
spondylitis.org

Bikes: '84 Colnago Super; '90 Bridgestone MB-1; '81 Trek 930; '01 Cinelli Supercorsa; '62 Ideor Asso; '87 Tommasini Super Prestige; '13 Lynskey R2300; '84 Serotta Nova Special; '94 Litespeed Catalyst; etc.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 63 Posts
My first real road bike was a Schwinn Tempo made from Columbus Tenax. I never really got comfortable on that bike. Probably switching to tubular tires would have helped. I never could understand why people lose their lunches over the pre-Waterford Schwinn Paramounts - not like those things had spectacular build quality. They're chrome with Nervex lugs. So what? Is the ride more magical than what the Italians were building at the time?

As for traditional C&V - I have an '82 Trek 614 that feels a little too slack and a little too floppy. Its stable mate the 710 is better, but that may be due to switching out the stock 531 fork for a Tange CrMo fork.

I once had a PX-10 and wasn't thrilled with the handling (slow) or with the French idiosyncrasies.

I don't have the same negative experiences with the Cinelli Supercorsa that many of you have had. Mine was built (from Neuron tubing) by Losa in 2007. Probably helps that the bike has a Columbus carbon fork and threadless stem setup. It goes where you point it with a pretty decent degree of comfort, and it doesn't pound you to death during long rides.