Old 10-22-18, 06:01 AM
Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kaben View Post

Hi Carlton, thanks for that. If just getting out and testing is the answer, thatís cool. I just wanted to check that there wasnít some agreed wisdom on gearing adjustment from a control gearing for each track type so I didnít waste time going the wrong way with the tweaks. My inclination would be to go slightly easier since there is more climbing as you say and more time spent in corners. Maybe with so little experience it doesnít really matter as line choice will be more important.

I have a sprint training session coming up for the 250m track the weekend after next and then my first sprint competition is a few days after that. The training session is 2 hours but realistically I assume I will only have a handful of 200m attempts taking rest times into account. Hopefully I can work something out!
My three usual tracks area 400, a 333 and a 250. I usually ride pretty much the same gear on all of them, maybe a tooth up in front on the 250. I find my top speeds are a bit higher on the 250, but the times are pretty close between all three tracks.