Old 10-22-18, 10:39 AM
yves845

Bikes: Santos travelmaster2.8 ; Brompton titanium ; R&M Load speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
How much did it cost to take home? Does it meet your expectations of autonomy? I assume not, since you went out and bought a car in addition.
To take it home it was really easy NOTHING to pay :
1) find a job near the dealer, nearby Valence, France.
2) take time to explore wineries around : Hermitage, St Joseph, Cornas ... Outstanding wines when they are well made, by small producers, and certainly not in the cooperatives !
3 take time to go for a trek in the Vercors area, see the very last wild animals in Europe in places where there's still snow , taste "Clairette de Die", not my style of wine !
Buy a bunch of "Ravioles à la Dioise" : extraordinary sorts of raviolis, showing that world cuisine existed when Marco Polo came back from Asia (wheatnooddles stuffed with comté cheese and herbs or local mushrooms... for instance morels )
4) destroy my beloved Fiat Panda 4x4 at a roundabout, not my fault, but the Izusu behind me.
5) pedal 160 km to go home from Valence with the Riese and Muller, sparing VERY conservatively the batteries to drive those last 10%++ climbs at the end of the trip.

If you really want to know everything, later on I asked a local garage to put a coupling ball on the Panda in June, to be able to tow heating wood to our house. So since four month we are strictly car less. Anxiously waiting for the Panda to be able to make a few km