Old 10-24-18, 10:23 PM
Senior Member
taras0000's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 43.2330941,-79.8022037,17
Posts: 1,685
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
No prob! Any 6001 bearing will fit, but you will want seals/shields too. A straight 6001 bearing will have open races. You'll need the suffix designation as well. "RS" means rubber seal on one side. "2RS" is robber seal on both sides. "Z" designates a metal shield or "seal". "ZZ" or "2Z" is shielded on both sides.

Rubber provides a better seal, but metal shields offer way lower rolling resistance. I'd opt for 6001 ZZ/6001 2Z. They are the same bearing

You could go for 6001Z (single shield/one side only) for even lower resistance, facing the open sides inwards, but you would have to service your bearings frequently, and that's not so bueno for cartridge bearings.
taras0000 is offline