Old 10-25-18, 05:25 PM
cthenn

Bikes: 2015 Trek Emonda SLR, 2002 Litespeed Classic, 2005 Bianchi Pista, 2016 Devinci Hatchet, Some BikesDirect MTB I never ride.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Didn't find a link on the Bike East Bay site, but this is what I got in email today:

Last spring, you were one of nearly one thousand community members who spoke up to protect public access to Mt. Diablo. As a local champion, we want to make sure you have the latest on this campaign.

On October 5, Judge Treat ruled that Diablo Community Services District has no authority to close the publicly accessible streets in Diablo Country Club to people bicycling. This is great news, but does not get rid of the lawsuit just yet.For decades, people bicycling up Mount Diablo have used the safe residential streets of Diablo Country Club to get to South Gate entrance to the park, avoiding a dangerous, narrow windy stretch of Diablo Road. This lawsuit was brought by four homeowners on Calle Arroyo Road within Diablo Country Club. They filed suit against the Diablo Community Services District to force the District to exclude bicyclists, arguing that people bicycling are a nuisance and create safety issues. The judge ruled that the District has no such authority.

Bike East Bay joined the lawsuit last spring, thanks to pro bono representation from Bay Area Bicycle Law, to defend your right to use publicly accessible roads. Our efforts have benefited from enthusiastic support from Al Kalin of Diablo Cyclists, Steve Whelan of Valley Spokesman riding clubs, and the nearly 1,000 people who made their voices heard and shared their riding experiences.

Next up, the homeowner Plaintiffs have until November 5 to amend their complaint and argue a different legal theory. Bike East Bay continues to participate in this legal dispute to ensure your safe bicycling access to Mt. Diablo.

Donate today to continue defending access to Mt. Diablo.

Ride on,
Dave Campbell
Advocacy Director, Bike East Bay

Yay for cyclists! I'm sure this will never end, but for now it's a victory for cyclists. Rode through there last night, and saw a crap ton of this sign:

I read this and think they must be running on the anti-cyclist / riff raff platform lol!