View Single Post
Old 11-01-18, 05:28 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Teamprovicycle
Im pretty sure that guys back wheel cost more than all 7 of my bikes combined .

I dont need an endurance bike to do 200 miles in one day it will take me about 12 hours though. I have a madone , tarmac and a giant tcx i could use any of those, but the 200 miles thing was just a thought . i want to compete in tt events and have a legit chance to set tt times .

I was wondering if i should just convert my madone 7 to a tt bike for my very first tt bike , and put most of the finacial effort into aero wheels and better tt kit once the season swings back around .

A conversion would required a full bar swap , possible a fork from a speed concept might work too . new cables and maybe a chain keeper catcher if i go 1x . its got the 10 speed red double 53 ring now . and a re install of the cables . or a hybrid bar, normal road shifters aero drop bar with clip ons .

the fastest guys at the local tt had high end road bike conversions or clip ons , but they had top of the line road bikes with aero features and wheels and full aero kit .plus 20 years of exp .lol

I think the 2016 ish slice is the cheapest option for a dedicated tt bike . the p2 or speed concept are about the same year and price for frames or full builds . i doubt ill be doing any UCI events as a uci racer i would be doing usa cycling events as a 4/5 .
Have you read the TTing thread on this board? It’s a stickie on top.

A Big Bang for your buck would be to get clip on aerobars and an aero helmet. Race a few TTs and see how it goes.

Im pretty sure Jim’s rear wheel doesn’t cost more that your three bikes, cause I had to borrow it once.