View Single Post
Old 01-19-06, 06:43 PM
luker
juneeaa memba!

Bikes: Crap. The box is not big enough...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
A very nice bike...someone here will know...but whilst we are waiting...

these are the few things that I ran across on the net...the recurring thread is that Proctor Townsend 753 bikes are very highly regarded. Must not currently be in business, or very, very underground. Triatheletes seem to like the bike especially well...First picture is of Tina Townsend, a musician on a bike, and the second is of a Townsend mountain bike, which I surmise is an English marque that is still being made...

A few interesting quotes from the net, might give you a clue (at least assure you that this isn't a one-off...)

"...Various poses of Rod Kitt on his PROCTOR TOWNSEND Bike in front of the old train station..."

"...I'm bit of an old school XC guy. Going into my 11th season on a true temper Proctor Townsend. It's been through 6 forks, 8 drivetrains and who knows what else. Last year it had a bit of a break down and I had to take it to Mr. Moulden to get a new drop out welded in. Now it's good as new. It's also been run over by a truck once. I got out of the way, but the fork and front wheel got f**ked..."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Tina_on_bike.jpg (13.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg
Townsend_bike.jpg (67.1 KB, 53 views)