Old 11-03-18, 04:24 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DOS

because the are beautiful and way more comfy than plastic saddles. Also the bike industry developed this nasty habit of selling saddles that were way to narrow formanyone than 125lb Colombian climbers.

To OP, get a Pro. I tried swift, too narraow.
Will give you the Brooks counterpoint. Don’t know a single good rider that rides one or wants one.Btw, I am old and grew up riding Brooks saddles and have owned few different models.Why is that? Because ‘most’ good riders don’t need one. Why not? Because good riders are light and strong and push hard on the pedals and their rearends are firm and a properly sized plastic saddle doesn’t bother them.Now if you fall outside this group and can only get comfortable on a Brooks, then that is your gene pool for saddles. For good riders, a saddle is perch and not a seat. In my experience, the better the rider, the less important the saddle. An uber fit lightweight rider can ride a bunch of different saddles because they have light weight bearing on the saddle and their rear end is as firm as a Brooks.