View Single Post
Old 11-04-18, 03:16 AM
Wcben

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Value?’s

Hope this all helps! Ok... so you have a pretty good Racycle Roadster! There are a number of VERY desireable parts there! If the crank spins pretty good, odds are better that it’s internals are fine which is a major bonus as hinted to above... the crankset is really the defining part of a Racycle, this one has the small “roadster” chainring that isn’t worth as much as the huge Pacemaker ring but it’s still a desireable item, generally, assuming everything is good there, you’re looking in the 200.00 range pedal to pedal (not including the pedals... add 75.00-100. For them), the handlebars are Kellys, without any major pitting, you’re looking at 200.00 - 300.00 all depending on how hungry somebody is! The badge looks like it’s in really good shape (these were often butchered (mine was)) because of the “Iron Cross” stigmata even though the bike pre-dates all of that.... figure your badge if it’s as good as the one image looks to bring in the range of 200.00. The saddle appears to possibly be the desireable “Racycle saddle, figure 300-450 because of condition, get some leather oil on it and try to save the top, if the Racycle script on the top and the crosses comes up on each side, value dramatically goes up! The chain looks like a generic inch pitch, if it’s still flexible, 30-40, if you can clean a couple of links and determine who made the chain, if it’s the really rare Racycle labeled chain, it’s worth more than the rest of the parts combined! Bare frame sets are 150-250.... some of the small parts on yours are in good shape too ie: (the bolts that hold the crankset in the frame are original, specific to Racycle and rare!)... those bolts along with the nuts are worth 25-50.. the headset cups are in the 50 range too.... fenders are rare but not necessarily desireable... I’ve seen them going in the 150-250 range for a pair the hubs you have, I believe the rear is a mussleman arm-less (75-150), the front, can’t tell all said and done, more value by parting it out but personally, I think it would be a shame.... she’s been “together” for 100+ years.... let some one bring her back to the beautiful wheel she once was... if you take less than 800.00, I’d say you’re short-changing yourself, there are always folks on the CABE looking for projects like this, this one would be an excellent starting point!

Last edited by Wcben; 11-04-18 at 03:36 AM.