View Single Post
Old 11-04-18, 02:08 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Or...you could simply concede Brooks saddles are for quaint old guys who whimsically pine for a simpler time and with their soft bottoms they refrain, pip pip, cheerio and all that good rot. And then the unthinkable. It rains...lol.

I rode a Brooks on my winter bike for several years without every doing anything special to protect. Saddle still going strong.

I'm a fan of my Brooks for sure, never had a bad day on one no matter how far or how tired I got.

Now I also ride a slew of modern Fizik's, got Ariones, Antares, and Allante's on various bikes along with several Kurve Chameleons and a Snake. I also like the flat line of Fabric saddles. For the most part they all work just fine for me but every now and then one will bug me on a ride. This has never happened with a Brooks.

I prefer a later modern saddle for most of my builds but I honestly consider Brooks to have superior, dependable comfort over any other saddle. They just work.

All that said.....not a fan of the couple of Cambiums I tried, LOL!