Craptacular8

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 31 Posts
C'Dale Quick

Originally Posted by blakesimus
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help! My wife and I are both looking for our first hybrids and I've been looking at the Cannondale Quick 3 and Quick CX 3. From looking around on this forum, both seem to have a fairly good reputation. While we'll primarily be riding on paved trails and roads, we do plan on some gravel trails (and some of the roads in our town are...not great). At the same time, we'd like to ride for some longer distances (20K). So the conundrum is, will the Quick do okay in those conditions? If not, will attempting to ride a CX for that distance be miserable? We're both in fairly good shape but still want to have fun. =) Next thing, I know there is a women's version of the Quick series but not the Quick CX, at least that I saw. Do any women (or anyone's female counterparts) ride these? My wife is about 5'4 and fairly athletic.

Thanks again!

edit: thanks for the replies so far! Much appreciated.
I have the men's version of the Quick. Bought it as a gravel/winter bike. Pretty much only use it for winter riding now, but it is a very capable hybrid. Aside from the saddle and color, there is no difference between the unisex version, or the women's. I'm a 5'7" women, and ride the men's medium. I could easily have ridden the large too, there's little difference in reach, and I have a long torso/arms. I'd let preference rule on that one, as there is no other difference. I always swap out saddles and pedals anyway, and tires. I initially put Compass Bon Jon's on there for summer gravel. It was a really cushy ride, suspension would have been overkill. As a winter bike, I just leave the 45Nrth Gravdal tires on there, it rides really nicely, and is substantially lighter in weight, even with the studded Gravdals on there than my Trek FX 7.2 I keep at the office as a lunch time errand bike.