View Single Post
Old 04-15-03, 08:55 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
There are three completely different topics in this one poll that could easily be broken out into more meaningful and interesting results:

Making bicycles your business: There are many bicycle-related businesses beyond basic shop ownership to include frame fabrication and/or restoration, tour operators, component manufacturers, clothing manufactures, event promoters, etc... This would make for an interesting poll and discussion thread.

Rate your mechanical abilities: Everything from woohoo I changed my own tire today to spending a year as the factory team wrench for the Navigators could be covered here with carefully worded selections.

Where do you do your shopping: Supporting your LBS and doing business with mail order, Etailers or buying stuff second hand from Ebay or message boards are not mutually exclusive.

Just something to consider.

Oh yea,

- Tandem cycling advocate, event organizer and information resource provider but not a retailer -- yet: I still got time to have a second career.
- Worked in bike shops as a youth, do all my own work to include wheel building and help friends with their tandems because good tandem mechanics are hard to find.
- Buy certain things from my LBS at 15% discount because of club membership, buy certain other things from Etailers because they offer the best price and can actually get it, buy some things at cost from "buds" who do own bicycle businesses, and also pick up odds and ends -- to include complete bicycles -- by shopping for second hand stuff on the Web.

Last edited by livngood; 04-15-03 at 09:18 PM.