Old 11-10-18, 05:19 AM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by StarBiker
Are you kidding. DC has a great bike infrastructure, so does Boston. Nobody living in these places is going to do this. It's not remotely safe throughout the 95 corridor to do this, Traffic? Are you kidding? In Maryland you would get squashed trying to do this, and get pulled over by the police for impeding traffic. And with the level of affluence it's never going to happen.

No wonder people are pulling everything in California around by bike, it has some of the worst infrastructure in the US, and only three states spend less on infrastructure. Georgia, Arizona, and Michigan. In the eighth largest economy in the world?
I didn't look further but how much of this is tied to the enormous homeless population there.

Funny, I am waiting for someone from the northeast to mention all the people they see pulling sofas, plywood, and all kinds of things by bike with a bike trailer.

And I live in an area where there are no bike lanes but it's easy to get around by bike. All the sidewalks are ramped, and nobody questions cyclists on them because there are so few cyclists in the suburbs. Nobody does this.
Every third car is a late model euro mobile.
Sorry, your figures seem a little shakey. Did you just make up all those numbers?

I appreciate your expressing your opinions and preferences. That is what forums are for. But you don't have to throw in a lot of dubious facts and figures!