Old 11-10-18, 04:14 PM
salcedo

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Trek CrossRip

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Help me choose a SUV bike for my family

We are buying a cargo bike this Spring, it is decided, but we haven't decided which. We live in Canada, and there aren't many cargo bikes around here yet. So we have to buy based on online information, mostly.

We live in Canada. I am a year around commuter, and run most of my errands with a commuter bike, including groceries. My wife does have a car, but she also likes to ride bikes. We have a newborn at home, and I want a bike to be able to take him to daycare and other places starting next year. The cycling infrastructure here is ok, but not perfect. And drivers are mostly polite and safe, but there are some ********. So, we decided that we will feel much safer with a front-load cargo tricycle. It is more stable and conspicuous than other alternatives, and we can use a cover to protect our little one from the elements. We are in good shape and the town is pretty flat. So, we don't need pedal-assist, but we would get it if it was cheap.

Our two top candidates are:They are both carried by our local LBS. Other models we are considering are:Any input on the Nihola or Babboe is more than welcome. Other suggestions are welcome too, but they have to be things that we can buy in Ontario.

Thanks!