Old 11-10-18, 08:10 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
That sounds plausible, but it contradicts the official story of wanting to promote multimodalism to reduce congestion and environmental problems associated with automotive transportation.

Actually, I may be interpolating too much into this statement:

I've read other articles now that stress GM is not looking to discourage car buying in any way. They just think that taking a bike for short trips will help reduce crashes, emissions, and congestion.

It may help, but all those cars take up a lot of space on a lot of pavement; space that could be used for living soil and trees growing in it.
if you have ever sat in a corporate staff meeting you would know a press release has nothing to do with motivation. It has to do with image and sales. If they can get skeptics to buy into their business they will tell you how their vehicles will make you live longer. If you believe it who’s fault is that?

I don’t know the specific motivation for getting into Ebikes but I am pretty sure it isn’t to reduce car sales. It may be a hole in the market they want to fill. I do know from being in the corporate world for many years that if what ever they do drops profits for two quarters managers will be looking for a new job by the last quarter reports. And Ram is a Chrysler product. I believe they are now part of Fiat. Now called FCA. They would be happy to sell anyone giving up a GM vehicle one of theirs.