Old 11-10-18, 11:04 PM
Bandera
~>~

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1112 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 119 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
I dont have any interest in that contraption and will happily continue to use a wedge bag.
with that said, I'm really not following a lot of what you've posted here. CX from the 70s has 0 to do with the product or discussion.

as for this quoted segment- carrying a tube is smart, even when running tubeless. Tubeless can fail and a tube then keeps the ride going.

also, tubeless road is inevitable? I guess maybe, but it sure doesnt seem so in its current form. Tubeless psi isnt great at the higher pressures that many cyclists need due to weight.
'Cross training and racing in the '70's was part and parcel of those "harsher conditions" that the OP seemed to think were a recent novelty, but just SOP to us back then.
Dirt riding and training on the unpaved roads for 'Cross was certainly in "harsher conditions" than riding on tarmac and relevant to this discussion.
We knew harsh from 'Cross, but the early days of MTB racing in NORBA were about as "harsh" as we ever experienced, hence suspensions were developed to make toady's MTB riding Harsh-Lite.

Carrying a tube for "tubeless" severe flats requires the same old flats kit used for the last several decades.
Marketing a new ill designed version is trying to answer a question that (almost) no one asks.

'Lectric shifting, hydraulic disc brakes and tubeless tires are where the industry is going for "performance" MTB, "Cross, Gravel and Roads soon and general purpose after..
Doubt if you will, it's the lower pressures in a well matched/sized system which "work" for tubeless in any weight/terrain that will spell the end of the high pressure/narrow paradigm.

-Bandera

Last edited by Bandera; 11-11-18 at 07:24 AM.