View Single Post
Old 11-12-18, 09:35 AM
robynator

Bikes: Ibis Ripley, Santa Cruz V10, Rocky Mountain Vertex single speed, Curtlo CX, Bianchi CX, a random assortment of cruisers and clunkers

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I've had a nice week off on vacation, and some time to think about what to do with this bike.

Originally Posted by cyclophilia

You might try some aluminum foil dampened with water to remove the rust from the chrome, then use Quick-Glo to further polish and protect the finish.

How would you feel about retaining all the components for a future potential Italian project?

Nice find.
That is a good idea for the rust removal, I might try that and see if it helps clean it up a little bit.

The final decision I think is between listing it on Ebay for around $400 and seeing what happens, or selling it to the bike shop owner's cousin for probably quite a bit less but not having to box it up and ship it. While the components seem really high quality, and it's a neat bike, it does need some work and probably new paint as well. While I have the resources to do this, I'm definitely not enough of a road rider to want to make a project out of it to keep and ride, or hang onto a box of parts for sometime off in the distant future. Dry storage is at a premium here, and I'm tripping over bicycles in the shed as it is trying to keep them all out of the weather in winter. Could use some extra cash as well right now.