View Single Post
Old 11-13-18, 11:07 PM
LesG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
Sometimes OEM is the way to go but I'm still debating between tape or the Bontrager strips. Everywhere I've researched says the Stan's valves are just fine so thanks for reinforcing that. Planemaker, glad you mentioned the Schwalbe G1 tires because right now the G1 Allround are the ones I already put at the top of the list but will definitely look at the Panaracer ones. Stan's has two sealants out, one regular and the other Race. Orange Seal has a couple of formulas out too, regular and endurance. With both brands the "regular" formulas seem (from what I've read) to have a longer life in the tire before it dries and you need to add more compared to their "high performance" offerings which dry out faster... several months compared to several weeks. For the type of riding I do, I don't think I need the race/endurance formulas. Depending on which "expert" review I've read, one of those brands would beat out the other and vice versa.

Thanks for the replies. Any input helps because I never had tubeless on a bike before so I know almost nothing about it. I've got a few months before buying anything... mostly getting research out of the way now so when the time comes ALL of the research is behind me and then just go out buy whatever I decide upon and not have to make spur of the moment decisions.