View Single Post
Old 11-15-18, 06:43 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4225 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,327 Posts
The Viva Sport was an upper entry level to lower mid-range model, depending on the exact year. The subject bicycle appears to be a circa 1983 model and fully OEM, except for a replacement saddle and the addition of the rack and cage. The derailleurs are definitely SunTour BL with Symmetric shift levers.The brakes appear to be the original, ubiquitous, Dia-Compe 500G. The crankset appears to be a correct Sakae CX. The hubs should be Sanshin/Sunshine and are laced to 27" Araya (16A?) aluminum rims, The stem and bars should be SR, Custom and Road Champion respectively. The seat post is an SR CT-P6C, which is one of those hybrids with a traditional saddle clamp and melt forged pillar. The frame should made by Miyata using double butted CrMo main tubes, Managalight forks and hi-tensile stays. Weight should be in the mid-20s.

This is a fairly nice bicycle and would be nice for recreational touring or commuting. Cosmetic condition appears slightly above average and I don't see any major concerns. The price seems fair. I'd say it is definitely worth a look. If the OP purchases the bicycle, I'd appreciate the serial number for my database.TIA.

Last edited by T-Mar; 11-15-18 at 06:50 AM. Reason: typos