Old 11-21-18, 07:49 PM
Dave P

Bikes: Trek Madone, Niner Air 9, Salsa Vaya, Lotus Unique

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
What? It's not worth $800? Haha...J/K.

I'm thinking that I'll ride this bike a bit on very short jaunts (she's too small for me) and test the waters.
Thank you for your thoughts on this. It really helps me with making a decision.

Originally Posted by StarBiker
You can do better than $120 for sure. I have flipped a few Lotus bikes and the name is almost lost to many.

When I was a kid they were popular bikes, but nobody remembers them. And that is what's hurting the value. I would want $200 in that condition.
StarBiker: Indeed. When I first saw the bike, I thought, "What the heck is a Lotus?" Still though, at first glance, I could tell there was something special here. I've read that the Lotus bikes actually made in Japan were of superior quality, but perhaps today's resale market does not reflect this.

Originally Posted by wrk101
A quick glance at Tucson C/L shows some really nice bikes in the $100 to $200 price range. I would probably start at $200, but you might have to take less. Write a great ad with superior pictures! Meanwhile in Portland, OR someone might ask $400 for it....
wrk101: Interesting note on Portland and Tucson C/L. Most of the bikes that I see on our C/L do not look appealing, but then again, I typically do not know what I'm looking at. I need to get up to Portland for some road cycling next summer.

Originally Posted by StarBiker
With lower priced bikes condition is big. It almost never gets mentioned on here but what is available for the money out there in the $200 price range. Not much in clean nice condition.
As a seller you have to be realistically aggressive, and ask yourself a question. Do you want a fast nickel, or a slow dime.
StarBiker: I want a slow dime, or a nice old bike to show and/or ride now and then. Excellent point on much of the selection out there in not so clean condition.

Originally Posted by lostarchitect
+1. Also remove the bag, if you don't want it, sell it separately. The bike won't bring any more with it attached.

I'd also remove the reflectors (hand them to the buyer), and the attachment for a lock.
lostarchitect: Good point, and well taken. I'm a classic car guy, so all the OEM/period correct stuff, as worthless as it might be, stays on for photos. This is not a classic car.

Originally Posted by coolkat
$120-150 or so. Nothing special and the market has completely died except for the high end. Still a great bike. I'd ride it. Is the front wheel a steel replacement? If so maybe $100?
coolkat: I'm guessing the front wheel is not a replacement, as the stamp is the same as the rear - UKAIRIM 27x1/4. The stamps are not aligned the same, though.