View Single Post
Old 11-22-18, 04:28 PM
Blompson

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bottecchia Special garage find

Hey guys! I'm pretty excited right now... In a previous post I mentioned that I was bummed about my Bottecchia getting ripped off in a break-in. Well, last night I discovered one on OfferUp. It had sat for four months at "0$ - make me an offer" with very bad pictures, so I inquired about size and components. Owner didn't know either of them but said that it was all original.

He asked what my offer was, so I said I could pretty safely estimate 200-300 depending on model, condition, and other factors. He said if I wanted to I could come by and pick it up for $200. Soooo a few hours later I'm thanking him and loading this into the back of my wagon. I know it's no Professional or anything, but I'm pretty excited, especially for $200. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like I came up on a pretty good score here.

All Campagnolo (including wheels) except the Universal brake pulls. Anybody know what year this is? What it's actually worth? It's a bit dusty and shows some obvious signs of wear, but it wound up being my exact size (60cm) and the seller was very cool and was quite fond of the bike.

He had surgery two years ago and it's been garaged ever since. His wife was telling him to get it out of the way, and he just wanted it to go to a good home. The majority of the wear was from the previous (original) owner who apparently special ordered it in BC Canada.

Pardon the ugly lighting and messy garage. Also pardon the fact that I'm still under 10 posts and have to post a broken link to a google drive folder with all the pictures.

drive. google. com/drive/folders/1or3dyUJjIXoDnmeuhhYoy7ZMtUXfR4ZC

Last edited by Blompson; 11-22-18 at 04:30 PM. Reason: minor corrections