View Single Post
Old 11-23-18, 05:07 PM
flamencohead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
Bummer. I was hoping to share my new old Multrack but alas being a newbie, I can't yet post images. It is a beauty though. About three weeks ago I picked up a pristine 1991 Trek 750 on Craig's list for $175. Maybe a little high, but I have had a Trek 990 since 1992, always coveted the big brother and this one was in such good condition. It was always garaged and almost never ridden. The original tires appeared to have maybe 500-1000 miles on them.

After replacing cables, brake pads, and servicing, it was ready to roll. The icing on the cake is that I scored a new set of Gravel King 43mm tires from a local frame builder who used them once for a photo shoot for $40. The black on black bike looks bad-ass with the 43mm black and brown Gravel Kings.

The bike is all original other than the tires. It has the full Suntour XCE groupset and I plan to keep it running as long as I can. This is my first bike with Suntour gear and I understand that it does not play well with Shimano gear. So modernizing bits and pieces of the drivetrain is probably not wise. Here is where a picture of the bike on it's first adventure would be:

< Imagine a bad-ass Black Trek 750, with brown wall Gravel Kings covered in mud and leaning against a rail fence with Autumn leaves everywhere>