Old 11-28-18, 01:58 PM
krispenhartung

Bikes: S-Works Venge Dura-Ace DI2, KTM Strada 4000, Fuji Norcom Straight 1.3 (TT), Fuji Track Elite, BMC Trackmachine TR02

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Regarding the magnets falling off:
I used 3M Outdoor Double-Sided tape. It's about 2mm thick and stiffly gooey like old chewing gum. Willfully removing the magnets takes a lot of effort. I've never had one accidentally pop off, even when the sensor touches it from being too close (click-click-click-click-click-click-click) before I adjust the sensor.

Regarding the sensor moving around:
Yeah, that's the only downside to this method. One does have to be mindful when installing and removing wheels.
I tried some super sticky industrial strength double sided tape..didn't work. That's a lot of potential force from the wheel, depending on the speed, leading to contact between the magnet and the sensor. I'm not sure if anything would stop it, aside from permanently gluing the magnet to the wheel, in which case you're gong to rip the sensor off the fork or do some other form of damage. I just don't like anything that can move that easily attached to my bike and so close to moving parts.