Old 11-30-18, 05:08 PM
Tamiya

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
hahaha have been eyeing a trike in recent times, for exactly that - a rolling work stand!

Whether a kit job or even most of the newer ones I've found locally, yeah they're all pigs (as in pig-trailer, not bacon) at handling. IMHO they're lethal with one wheel drive, vectoring off under power & pulling the other way under single rear wheel brake. Front brake is dicey unless wheel is pointing dead straight; if cornering then braking was real easy to topple the whole rig. The new ones are 26/24/20"... must be even worse with 10spd's larger wheel & much higher CoG!!

Plus the steep rake of racer fork would make it real twitchy & drop bars aren't easy to hang on to whilst trying to lean your weight over to the inside of corner?

Have fond memories of trikeing because I grew up with a vintage British trike... that managed to get up to breakneck speeds as it was proper RWD to both wheels (no differential). Didn't get enough grip from hard rubber tyres to get tipped off too often; front wheel single rod brake, ahh braking was more wishful than practical. Every corner above walking pace could be drifted...

​​​​​​​Haven't yet found any modern equivalent to relive that nostalgia.