View Single Post
Old 12-02-18, 01:48 PM
jboisleduc

Bikes: Elvish/B. Carré circa 1970, Shimano Norta Aero 1981, Shimano Aero AX 1981

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Here is the Elvish bicycle that made me fall in love with cycling. It was given to me from a coworker that had it sitting in his garage. It came from his dad, but he didnt talk to him to anymore, so i was never able to get some piece of history from the previous owner. That bike litterally changed my life... I had been biking to commute in Montreal for years, but that bike was so smooth and fast, i fell in love. Also i have to admit i find her quite pretty.. I started pedaling for fun, loving Montreal's climbs, got in better shape then i had ever been. Biking in the townships on weekends, I discovered i was a natural climber.. I could keep going on that love story but i wont haha! Lets get to more technical stuff

She went through some upgrades along the years. Got her with all Shimano 600 12 speed 1985 groupset, upgraded with dura ace 2x9speed. Frame was streched to fit a larger cassette. Upgraded the original Rigida wheelset to Campy nucleon. It has Campagnolo dropouts. Reynolds 531 tubing. French threaded cranks were retapped by Marinoni to fit standard thread clipless pedals(currently speedplay). BBcups are still french thread Shimano600, but axle was replaced. Unfortunately, i have never found the serial number on this bike, but it feels older than the 85 groupset i got it with.

Last edited by jboisleduc; 12-02-18 at 01:59 PM.