View Single Post
Old 12-03-18, 05:06 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10956 Post(s)
Liked 7,485 Times in 4,187 Posts
Originally Posted by realperson
Where do you sell bikes online and offline? I've tried Craigslist but I never get any people who take the ads seriously. My LBS owner had a good point that in our city there are about 20,000 bikes on Craigslist at any given time, so it's not a good place to sell. The bikes I'm selling, I think would sell quickly; they are decent bikes with what I would consider a desirable price point.
Where do you sell your bikes and what kind of success do you have?
I sell all either on Craigslist, or part them out and sell the parts and frameset on eBay and on this site.

Craigslist may be full of repeat posts and junk, but that doesn't mean a good bike at a good price wont sell. From what ive found, its quite the opposite, actually.
a quality bike with well written and photographed ad at good price point will sell because it stands out.

in a metro lile Sacramento, there is a large demand for cycling and used bikes.
if you arent selling, its probably because the pics and info is poor, its priced too high, or the bike is unappealing in some way(broken, rare size, etc). But even the odd size issue can be overcome as i ride 63-65cm bikes and have sold everything ive ridden thst i dont want anymore.

I refurbish road bikes of all sizes from the 80s and 90s as a hobby and they all sell too. The pricepoint and presentation just have to work to drive interest.

link your ad(s) for us to see.

edited to add- try facebook marketplace too.