Old 12-06-18, 01:50 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Well here goes.... a couple of new Canyon Roadlites

A few years ago I read about how Canyon Bikes were making a new carbon fibre framed flat bar road bike. At the time I told my wife if there were any way to get a couple of those we would. But, alas Canyon wasn’t even in the states. Then the news of them opening sales in the states last year got me thinking again a nice new Roadlite CF 8.0 for the both of us would be great. However upon contacting Canyon USA I was told there were no plans to sell the Roadlite series here. But, you never know so please sign up for our email news.

So after three years and 30 K miles on our current flat bar road bikes, Giant Fastroad CoMax ones, it was decided that we would upgrade them to the new R8000 series add a new wheel sets and go tubeless. There’s a thread about that in the hybrid forum Time to upgrade our 2015 Giant Fastroad CoMax 1's

It’s been three months since the updates and the bikes are great. So a few days ago I received an email from Canyon USA entitled “Introducing Roadlite”…… Are you kidding me! Off to the web site I go only to find they are only bringing in the low end 7.0 and the high end 9.0 LTD. So I did the only logical thing….. ordered a couple of the Roadlite 9.0 LTD one for each of us. They should be here next week. I talked to my wife and justified them as our 47th anniversary presents. (Please don’t bother to do the math and yes I’m older than dirt)

The current plan is to keep the Fastroads for travel bikes (we are on the road with our motorhome about 4 months of the year). They have lived off the motorhome for the past 3 years anyway. That should keep the Roadlites in pretty good shape and out of the elements. According to the tracking they should be here next week. I'll post an update when they arrive.