View Single Post
Old 12-07-18, 12:01 PM
goose70

Bikes: '19 Cannondale Evo, '12 Guru Flite; '10 CAAD9, Trek MTB

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Here's a link: https://www.power2max.com/en/software-upgrades/. Below, I've also posted a reply to my question from NG. (They replied within minutes, which is nice customer service.) The bottom line is that by purchasing the Cannondale bike with the power meter installed, you save about 30 bucks over purchasing it separately, plus the hassle of install. Whether that's a good deal depends on your level of annoyance for minor installation requirements and your level of joy for minor cost savings, I suppose. As for me, the model of EVO that I want comes with the power meter installed. My LBS thinks they can find the same model, sans power meter (and a bit lower price). They'll then install a $435 stages power meter, saving me money and getting me a power meter with a somewhat better, proven track record.

NG RESPONSE:

The Cannondale power meter requires a little bit more machining and construction that other models (like SRAM) so if you were to purchase just the power meter from us it is $590 USD. Keep in mind that if you purchased a Cannondale bike that had their SpideRing chain ring on it, this chain ring will not work with the power meter. So you would need new chain rings as well.

All this being said, the power meter that you would receive on the bike is the exact same unit you would receive from us.