View Single Post
Old 04-16-03, 12:50 PM
Loaded_Volpe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I can highly recommend the Volpe. I have a 2002 model and have logged just over 1000 commuting miles. I put conti top tourers on it, a blackburn rack, otherwise it is stock, including the vetta bianchi cosmos saddle, which I love.

I've ridden in all weather conditions and have done nothing more than oil the chain during my 1-plus years of ownership. Yes, it needs a tune-up, brake cables have stretched quite a bit, but it's just rolling along as if brand new.

I briefly owned a Fuju Roubaix Pro (2002) and have commuted on a Nishiki Backwoods MTB and can safely say that the Volpe outclasses each bike with ease. The Volpe is surprisingly nimble for its weight and just like a dream. Some have commented on the lower tier nature of the deore real derailleur and the tiagri group, but I've got no complaints, nice durability considering the abuse the bike has taken thusfar.

I bought it for $750 last year and haven't looked back. Highly recommend swapping the all terrainasaurus tires for conti tourers to get a nice smooth commuting feel on the road, less resistance and all that, but I guess it all depends on your commuting route.

Good luck in your search.