fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Lightbulb piercing the darkness

I'm using a Schmidt Delux hub ..& headlight (Bike Friday, Just for Lights, myself) with B&M Toplight, Line Tail light

in the past ("Classic hub") there was a 20" and a 28" , now with LED lights the power demands are less..

Read Peter's site... he is the North American Importer /distributor of Schmidt... which is German made..

So, sells; wholesale to shops, and retail to individuals.. He hand builds wheels too..

Others like the SP, it is made in Taiwan , with so much more of the bike biz.. there..

I like the SON spade connectors better than the folded over bare wire plugs use by Shimano, SP , SA, and so on..
a thicker wire than standard B&M Twin Lead.. may help for a tighter fit..

I've had the Shimano plug shake off , JRA around town... I went to a new wheel on my Brompton...
and finished the wiring for spade connectors ... cured that ...

(extra nice , hub, designed for for straight pull radial , using DB spokes )

FWIW, end This Summer, one Tour bike ending up here , had both a non blinking German tail light ,
and a USB battery powered blinking tail light..

They had a wire to the USB plug on the tail light l to recharge the internal battery plugging it into the AC to DC USB converter
on the top of the threadless steerer tube ( where the preload cap usually is,...

May have brought more Electronics on the tour, But they took that all Home, with them.. I was Shipping bike back ..

For the LBS..

Last edited by fietsbob; 12-14-18 at 01:05 PM.