View Single Post
Old 12-15-18, 07:22 AM
pastorbobnlnh 
Freewheel Medic

Bikes: Snazzy* Schwinns, Classy Cannondales & a Super Pro Aero Lotus (* Ed.)

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1452 Post(s)
Liked 2,194 Times in 962 Posts
Originally Posted by berlinonaut
The thread is called "fasted tire for Brompton" - which means EtRO-size 349. Your Dahon will probably use 406 tires. While the Kojak is still a good tire the 406 version differs somewhat from the 349 version in terms of properties (i,e, it is able to live with less pressure) and - more important - tire choice or tires is far bigger for 406. For 406 there are faster tires out there than the Kojak, i.e. the Schwalbe pro one or some Continentals. So while your choice is by no means bad it is a misunderstanding to get confirmation for your 406 choice from a dedicated 349 thread.
Please accept my humble apologies for mentioning "406" and "Dahon" in a 349 and Brompton thread.

I'm not that well versed in the various wheel sizes of all the many different folding brands, let alone the differences in ride quality between sizes in the same model of tire from the same manufacturer. I just don't have enough real-world experience and thus should have kept my initial positive impression of the 406 Kojak to myself. I realize now that even trying to compare the 406 Kojak to higher end 700c clinchers or to upper mid range tubular tires, is neither helpful nor useful. Thus I have failed the BF community by introducing a wild card tire size and a different folding bike brand into the very specific thread, i.e. "Fastest tire for a Brompton ?"

If you would like, I'm more than willing to delete my post. However, you will need to delete your post as well. And finally I will need to delete this post in order to remove all traces of this misleading information about the ride quality of a 406mm Kojak on a Dahon. Just send me a PM and your wish will be fulfilled.

Thanks for visiting my website: www.freewheelspa.com

Last edited by pastorbobnlnh; 12-15-18 at 07:25 AM.