Bikes: Tern D7e

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JonBailey
1. big, comfy spring seats?
2. nice, tall ape-hanger cruising bars?

Bicycle manufacturers should take styling cues from Harley-Davidson cruisers.

The way most mountain bikes are configured hurts my body badly especially with my rheumatoid arthritis.
I am middle-aged too.
A middle ager in a senior body!
Riders of hybrid bikes are not new to riding distances. A hybrid bike is an iteration of a road bike or exactly an old touring bike. Plus you have issues in the butt area and arthritis. You must tailor a hybrid bike for your maladies instead of punching yourself in the head saying, why dont they make bikes for normal senior people?

Guess what? Youre winning. You can tell the shop what you want and they will accommodate, for a price. Make a list on your smart phone.

Hang the maladies. Have fun. Consider a throttle. Throttles help starting from a stop and when tired but watch the battery indicator. Be sure you can sit flat footed.

Normal people sit toe footed. Short people sit right bun on left side of seat, left foot flat footed, right foot on pedal, bike canted left side. You cant handle a tall bike. Shorter the bike the better.

To tailor a good fitting bike takes hope that each change will work in the long run. But keep the original seat in case you want to change. A cruiser seat adds weight and bulk.

Become a bike fixit guy to save shop costs. There are Youtube and bike books in the libraries. You can search the libraries online and reserve books in use at other libraries.

Have fun with your new ebike. Dont be so into yourself. Be into bikes and biking. Smile a lot.