Old 12-18-18, 09:01 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Cheap bikes come with cheap parts and aren't really worth putting much into. I have dealt with too many people who bought those cheap vilanos expecting a different result then they got. A lady got really really pissed at us once because we built her crappy folding vilano and it was heavy and didn't work well (especially trying to fold it) and we were some how at fault because we did our job and built it correctly and as best as possible given the quality of it. Have had bikes from Amazon come to us with broken parts from the get go (two broken forks and some other parts on others that I can't remember). We just built two Super 73s (online e-motorcycles with pedals that you wouldn't want to use) and they both came broken out of the box from different customers.

Plenty of people have said get new pads and yes that is an option that can improve brakes but the vilano is not really worth it. I would try and send it back and go down to your local shop and buy a bike through them. You will likely get something of way better quality and you will get service with the bike that Jeff Bezos cannot offer. You will be happier in the end and will save significant money with something more quality.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin