View Single Post
Old 12-20-18, 09:17 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by canadian deacon
The goggles are especially useful if it begins to snow because it keeps the wind from driving the snowflakes into your eyes.
ouch, I know that feeling! had a super fun ride at the beginning of a blizzard last year. going east was tolerable w no eye protection, heading back west was torture. took days for my eyes to recover. at the beginning of the ride I opted (like an idiot) to leave my goggles in the car & bring only my shop glasses. the ride east was so good I never needed anything. coming back was a different story & when I tried the shop glasses they were just terrible. I couldn't see a thing. not sure goggles would have been better, or anything for that matter cuz the wind was coming right at me. wound up using my big visor to block the brunt of it & squinted only slightly opening my eyes to make it the 8~9 miles back to my car. I have some Bolle goggles & I think I took the foam out. I should double check that! couldn't easily detach my sportcam from my helmet so I had to take my helmet off to take a pic to remind me "never do that again"

aside from the eye thing for the 2nd 1/2, it was a really pleasant ride. of course coming back it was also getting deeper

Last edited by rumrunn6; 12-20-18 at 01:33 PM.