Old 12-20-18, 08:53 PM
jefnvk

Bikes: 2016 Novara Mazama

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3640 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Psimet2001
I did a podcast on this. It is not a level playing field between regions and even within our own region. It is a simple fact that my wholesale price is higher than most of the retail prices you are seeing when you search on google for prices.

People, like yourself based on what you posted, really really have a hard time seeing or truly understanding this. I think it really has just become a part of the lexicon that everyone thinks shops are just super over priced and not in touch with the market or have no idea. Like they really ant to bleed the customer.
I can understand this just fine. I also understand that when the route they go is to push for restricting competition instead of pushing back why they are put at a disadvantage by their suppliers, it doesn't really encourage sympathy.

It is obvious that they have enough push to make Shimano listen, if Shimano is putting pressure on CRC, use that to level your wholesale costs. Call me one of those new age millennials that ruin everything, I just don't buy into an outdated retail model in today's internet age that insists I should pay more to buy locally than I can to have the same thing shipped to me from across the world, because reasons.