Old 12-22-18, 01:06 PM
seamuis
aire díthrub

Bikes: Raleigh Competition, Pashley Roadster Sovereign, Mercian Vincitore Speciale

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Fine, somebody once told you that "obese" people are likely to "bottom out" the springs on a Brooks saddle; ever see it happen in real life? I suppose if you find someone heavy enough (maybe 500+ pounds) to bust up normal furniture with his bulk he might break bicycle saddles too. I haven't seen many (actually any) such immense people riding bicycles. I suppose your tip on this subject might be pertinent to them wherever they are.
that somebody literally builds Brooks saddles for a living. He also never said the word “obese”, nor did I in my question to him. To answer your question: no, I haven’t, but that doesn’t change anything. Your position is, for lack of a nicer term, stupid, and you know it. Thats why you have resorted to such a ridiculous response. My initial point was about the comfort aspect of a spring saddle. If you are at the upper limit of what your particular saddle springs are designed to handle, then that could radically reduce any comfort you believe the saddle provides. All this other nonsense is just a pretty hilarious case of someone arguing themselves in circles trying to avoid admitting that their position is ridiculous and was based on nothing more than an unnecessary bruised ego, because they took personal offence to a comment that wasn’t directed at them (or anyone in particular for that matter). And for which they lacked the actual knowledge and rational position to defend. I ride a brooks saddle literally everyday, have for over 10 years. I’ve owned and ridden both spring and non spring saddles. That includes single and double wrapped triple rail models. I love brooks. Clearly, so do you. But that’s not an excuse for launching a foolish attack because some dared to say a spring saddle has drawbacks and limitations. For future reference, I would direct you to read on basic spring physics, specifically Hooke’s law. Cheers, mate.