Old 12-28-18, 06:52 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 379 Posts

So I purchased this aero bar attachment with gripshift from a fellow BF member and I wasn't sure how many speeds it was . It turns out it's a 8 speed. So perfect for my '88 Carbon. I just need the gripshift as I'm gonna put them on my aero bars. The problem however, is I only have one wheelset acceptable for my 8 speed cassette and it's being used on my '89 Ironman. So I decided to see how those wheels would look on the carbon and they look great. So then I put the '88 wheels on the '89 they Did Not look good. So I'll have to get me another wheel to make it work because I gotta tell ya my '89 summertime blues looks just about perfect. It shifts and rides as well as any bike should.
To be honest all my Ironman are just as perfect as can be (for me). Since my '86 is already a 6 speed and my '87 is a 7 speed my intentions are to turn my '88 in to a 8 speed and my '89 speed into a 9 speed. And when I come across some, change the drive train components to Dura Ace... eventually. Since these are the only bikes I have or will have I'm in no hurry. Besides as rccardr has informed me it ain't easy to get a complete set of Dura Ace in good condition. But that's all I desire for changes to my Ironman bikes. They are just so good looking with Aero seatpost, the original scott dh aero bars, gripshift, and inner tube bar wrap. Sometimes I just stare at my bikes and think Dang that's a good looking bike.
Anyways here's a picture of the 8 speed gripshift that will be going on my '88 Carbon Ironman as soon as I decide on wheels.

Last edited by texaspandj; 12-29-18 at 03:39 AM.