Old 12-31-18, 06:51 AM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace, Cannondle Tandem/Ultegra, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Originally Posted by srode1 View Post
Twice, it's a blast, very well organized. Last time was 8 hours 26 minutes including stops. I'm thinking of doing it this coming year too and target under 8 hours with stops.
A local riding buddy had ridden it before and encouraged me to ride it with him. Our wives went with us and I think it was in 2009? Unfortunately it was my wedding anniversary but the wife signed off on it. It was a little cooler than normal day which worked perfectly for me. I was targeting trying to average 20 mph for the day. I hung with the first group for the first hour and I think we covered just under 30 miles???? I was afraid I was using too much effort so backed off some. I finished 49th out of 1100 riders in 7 hr 24 mins and averaged 21.7 mph. Probably one of my best 1 day efforts on the bike thanks to the great start. I had ridden a lot of mountain centuries before that so riding a flattish Ride was quite the relief.