Old 12-31-18, 06:53 PM
Andy_K 

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 525 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3230 Post(s)
Liked 3,868 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by kcblair
Here's my Campy Triple. My first triple crankset , ever. For years , I've been stuck , riding flat areas with my fav bike. Bike came with Athena Groupo 42/52 and 13-30. After years searching for Campy triple stuff (affordable), I scored this year. "97ish RD and Veloce FD and crankset. With a 13-32 cassette, I now have a low 24GI. I paid $50 for the RD, $70 for the Crankset (nos) and $25 for the RD. Bring on the hills this Spring. KB
The relative affordability is definitely one of the things I love about Campy triples from this period. For my Sequoia I was going with a purely functional build. I just wanted something with a square taper triple of decent quality at a good price. I ended up with this for $80.

That was my second Racing T crank and really cemented my affection for this crank. Earlier this year when I was looking for parts for my Stella restoration I stumbled on NOS Comp Triple crankset and derailleurs (from three different sellers) for about $150 total.

BTW, @kcblair, what do you think of the King Cargo bottle cage? How much does it hold?